- This event has passed.
Community of Practice Session 3: “Becoming American” – Exploring the Shifting Health Status of New Immigrants
Wednesday, July 27 @ 3:00 PM -4:30 PM EDT
The Health Equity Community of Practice (CoP) is supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation as part of a grant to understand the role of community health centers in addressing health equity within the context of structural racism and discrimination. The structure of the CoP will be anchored in exploring two questions:
- As community, state, and national leaders, in what ways can health centers address SDOH by using community voice and data?
- How can health centers – fueled by community voice and SDOH data, and bolstered by committed leaders – develop and strengthen relationships with other social service organizations, businesses, and economic development entities?
The Health Equity CoP will be a virtual forum for frontline partnerships including, but not limited to health centers, social service organizations, and centralized public health entities with the goals of:
- Understanding health disparities that occur in our communities as a result of structures and systems in place
- Learning about current experiences to align and advance our collective thinking around what health centers and partners can do in this space
- Identifying and understanding barriers, gaps, or challenges that health centers and partners have to rectify and address structural racism and discrimination